It’s Thanksgiving this week and while the holidays always seem to be here sooner than we know it, they also took a long time to arrive. We are on the official countdown to moving, having only two weeks left. There is a lot of packing that remains, but then again, we can’t live without plates or clothes until moving day, so some items must wait until the end. I thought that it might be nice to remind myself what to be thankful for, since it can be really easy to gripe on a daily basis.
– I’m thankful that I’m married to someone that I want to talk to all day, every day, and who makes me laugh every single day.
– I’m thankful that I get to stay home and raise my kids – they are awesome and some days just plain blow, but since even the mere discussion of returning to work makes me tear up (literally, not figuratively), it’s definitely the right decision to be at home with my little people – plus, I kind of rock at it!
– I’m thankful that I work in a career that I can return to after being home for so many years.
– I’m thankful that we’re moving to a nice, new home, that is affordable and has some awesome landlords!
– I’m thankful that we are able to afford organic food, since it not only supports our beliefs, but is better for the planet and since my favorite book is The Grapes of Wrath, I love supporting independent farmers!
– I’m thankful for wonderful family and friends nearby, who love us and support us and make us crazy and make us laugh.
– I’m thankful that I spent my 20’s traveling (13 vacations in 8 years, to be exact) while only making $12/hr and living on my own, and somehow, I did it without accruing any debt, thank you very much.
– I’m thankful that I’m genuinely excited about each season’s arrival…it sure makes it easier to live here!
We had another robot invasion this weekend….it’s a good thing we’re moving!